Marathon Training | Week 5

Sunday

Brass Monkey 10K
9: 35 pace!!!!

I finally got under 60 minutes for a 10k, and I ran at a 9:35 pace for 6 freaking miles!

Monday

Boxercise
45 minutes

Tuesday

5.26 miles
10:23 pace
Speed session

We started the session with a mile and half warm up. Split into groups to preform running drills, this one was called an 'Indian run' (this may be the wrong term), this is where you run in single file and the runner at the back has to sprint to the front. I really enjoyed this session, I went with the 'slower' group as it was smaller but we ended up running the same pace as the middle group and we merged to make one big group, that was really hard by the end of it. Followed by a mile and a half warm down. It felt really good to use some speed again. 

Wednesday

Legs & core circuit

Front squats - 20kg - 2 sets x 25 reps
Russian twists - 6kg - 25 reps
Back squats - 20kg - 2 sets x 25 reps
Russian twists - 6kg - 25 reps
Lunge squats - 20kg - 2 sets x 25 reps
Crunches with medicine ball - 4kg - 25 reps
Split squats -  20kg - 2 sets x 25 reps
Crunches with medicine ball - 4kg - 25 reps
Deadlifts - 15kg - 2 sets x 10 reps
Crunches - 6kg - 25 reps
Bear complex - 15kg - 2 sets x 5 reps
Crunches - 6kg - 25 reps



Pilates
One hour
Taster class for runners.



I also took my mother out for her first run. I estimated we covered just under a mile and she only stopped to walk briefly. I will make a runner out of her yet.


Thursday

4.26 miles
10:45 pace

A very slow and hard 4 miles. Think I have over done it a bit this week as my legs felt like concrete. Hope they recover before Saturday's long run. This week I have been exhausted and cannot wait for a rest and lay in on Sunday.


Friday

Rest - much needed.


Saturday

15.5 miles
11:04 pace

Another long run ticked off the training plan, I can't actually believe I can now run 15 miles fairly easily. Unfortunately now it's time to keep adding on the miles. I had first set out to do all my long runs at 11:30 m/m, at the moment they all seem to be around the 11 m/m pace, hopefully I will be able to keep this pace up as the mileage increases or I will finally drop down to 11:30's. As this is my first marathon I'm not going for time just to finish as comfortably as I can.

Here's to another week of training. Only 16 left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment