Run | Number 77 | Werrington Guesstimate

On Tuesday we popped over to Werrington for the Werrington Joggers charity guesstimate race. For those that don't know (and I didn't), in the guesstimate you have to 'guess' your time for a 5 mile race. No-one is allowed to run with watches or heart rate monitors and the first people back from each club get a bottle of wine. Money received was donated to the Peterborough soup kitchen.

Last week I had a string of bad run's and I wasn't really looking forward to this, I had no idea what time to put down, I wanted to give myself a challenge but at the same time I didn't want to be like 10 minutes over what I thought. George who I run with had gone for 58 minutes so I decided to give myself some leeway and went for 58 minutes and 30 seconds. George is an amazing pacer and I always really enjoy my run's with him, he has so much knowledge and always gives out great tips. I felt strong during this run, I started flagging towards the end but I managed to keep up my pace just about. 

We finished in 59 minutes 25 seconds, giving me a time of 55 seconds over. But I came 40th and for once and probably the last time I finished on the first page of result. Overall great organization and great marshals.



2 comments:

  1. I really like the concept of that race! Something completely different and that anyone can do well in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was really nice. So difficult though, the winner was 2 seconds over her time. That's amazing. First and last time I will ever feature on the first page of results haha :)

      Delete