Run | Number 102 | Green Wheel Relay Race 2013

Mental note: Never ever run a race when hungover!

On Sunday I took part in the Green Wheel Relay. This obviously consists of a relay around the whole of Peterborough's Green Wheel course. Split into 7 legs including: Embankment - Eye, Eye - Newborough, Newborough - Ferry Meadows, Ferry Meadows - Norman Cross, Norman Cross - Stanground & Stanground - Embankment.

I took the third leg, Newborough - Etton, which was just awful, I was so worried about getting lost, but thankfully our bike support was excellent, when approaching a junction, Craig would cycle on ahead to make sure he knew where I was going. As mentioned earlier, I may of been hungover due to a friends birthday, on top of this it was really hot on Sunday, this did not make for good running conditions. Part of my leg was a 2 and a half mile stretch along a straight gravel path, nothing to focus on but what was ahead of you.

I managed to finish my 7.3 mile leg in 1 hour 22 minutes, so not too bad considering. This turned out to be a really good day and it was really fun to support not only the other Bushy's but everyone else.

My team ended up coming 10th and the other Bushy team 12th, not to make excuses but both of the Bushfield teams on the 4th leg went wrong with one guy doing 15 miles instead of 8 (he wasn't very happy as you can imagine). I also heard another team went wrong on a different leg so maybe signage needs to be addressed for next year but I had no problems at all. 


Probably my 2 best race photos ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment