Parkrun | 3 PB's in a row!!

If you don't already know, a couple of weeks ago after I completed my first half marathon I set myself a few goals to achieve to keep me going. One of these was to start attending my local parkrun more regularly. Including finally getting my 5k time down to sub 30 minutes. Since completing the GER my club has been focusing on speed work and it's really starting to pay off.

I have stuck to my word and have dragged myself out of bed early 3 Saturday's running now (excuse the pun), each time happily claiming a new PB.

My last 5k time all the way back in August was 30:05 - I was shocked I even got this as my previous time was 31:30 so a very big jump, but as soon as I saw the time I knew I was close to clocking sub 30.

My first attempt saw me cross the finish in 29:57
My second attempt saw me cross the finish in 29:38
And last week saw me finish in 28:58

I was absolutely ecstatic to see a 28 minute finish. It's crazy to think how much my times have come down since I first started. My first 5k took me nearly 50 minutes if I remember correctly.

Parkrun is such an amazing idea and wouldn't happen without the many wonderful volunteers who make the event happen, providing much needed support when your lungs feel like they are going to fall on the floor. And a big shout out to Paul at the running badger who shouted hello at my moment in need.

Me in action last weekend. Unfortunately this guy left me at around the 3k mark, I was trying so hard to keep with him. P.s look how skinny I look!

4 comments:

  1. Woop woop!!! That's a massive achievement! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You should be glad you didn't do NV10, it was so hot and horrible. Worst race yet I think :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no! :( Sorry to hear that. Loved it last year! I know how much the weather can affect a run though. I had two rubbish marathons in the heat this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a really good time so I can't be too annoyed but it just felt so hard and I didn't get a chance to enjoy it as I surprisingly really liked the course.

      Delete