Marathon Training | Week 3

Sunday

15.55 miles
11:28 pace

My first run over the half marathon distance, at my predicted marathon pace 11:30m/m. This felt a good pace to keep training at at the moment. This run included 2 loops making up the whole Folksworth 15, so included 6 pretty tough hills. I dug deep and didn't walk or stop which is a fairly big achievement for me as I'm normally not so stubborn and give in easily. I'm trying to work on my mental strength over this training schedule as I know that will make or break my marathon. 



Monday

Boxercise

Class included: Pad work, sprints, box jumps, burpee's, lunges, mountain climbers & ab work. 

Tuesday

3.46 mile run
9:56 pace


Wednesday

Arms & Shoulders

Tricep pressdown - 14.7kg - 10 reps x 5 sets
Chest press with barbell - 15kg - 10 reps x 5 sets
Military press seated - 15kg - 10 reps x 5 sets
Bicep curl with barbell - 10kg - 10 reps x 5 sets
Dumbell side raises - 6kg - 10 reps x 3 sets
Upright barbell row - 15kg - 10 reps x 5 sets
Tricep extension - 6kg - 10 reps x 5 sets

Thursday

3.1 miles
9:40 pace

Taking it slightly easy as preparing for Folksworth 15 on Sunday. Trying to get used to running on tired legs.


Friday

Rest

Saturday

Rest & a lot of carb loading. 


2 comments:

  1. Well done on the not stopping! The first time I ran it I allowed myself to walk the last killer hill at mile 14. Horrible hill placement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was tempted to walk this weekend in the race but I stuck with it. Those hills are a killer :(

      Delete