Roundup | 2013

As we welcome in yet another new year, I want to look back on the highlights of 2013. 2013 was a really big year for me, it was the first year in my own home and first year I have really changed myself for the better. In January I decided I really needed to do something different, and decided that would be a half marathon. I was unhappy with being so out of shape and eating for comfort, at the time I didn't know that I had Crohns Disease and my lack of exercise and constant binging on food really wasn't helping. 

I overhauled my diet and joined a running club, this has turned out to be the best thing I have ever done, I have met some truly amazing people and couldn't imagine going through this journey without them.

Things I have achieved this year
  • Ran a 5k
  • Ran a 5 mile race
  • Ran a 10k
  • Ran a 10 mile race
  • Ran 2 half marathons
  • Completed 2 triathlons
  • Started boxercise classes
  • Started lifiting and gained some muscle
  • Lost 4 stone
  • Give up Mcdonalds for a year
  • Give up fizzy drinks for a year
The above things have really contributed to my happiness over the last year and I hope I can improve on these in 2014. As marathon training is about to begin, I need to be able to look back on these achievements whenever I am having a moment of self doubt.

Races I have taken part in this year:

Frostbite 5 miler @ Hinchingbrooke Park
Clapham Common 10k
Huntingdon 10k
Peterborough Grand Prix 5k series
Colour Run
Green wheel relay
1 True Grit
Great Eastern Run half marathon
Nene Valley 10 miler
Frostbite 5 miler @ Hinchingbrooke Park
Milton Keynes Winter half marathon
New Years Eve 10k @ Ely
and not to forget numerous parkruns

Here's to a good 2014 and many more achievements. I'm ready for the highs and lows.

No comments:

Post a Comment