Run | Number 62 | Hunts 10k



Yesterday I took part in the Hunts 10k charity run. I was really worried about this race as I haven't done any specific training for it, and I had been on holiday for 2 weeks before hand. But I was determinded to go out there and give it all I had.

The organisation was faultless, we arrived early to find somewhere to park so we didn't have to far to walk from the car to the event, marshals where out from 7:30am helping people park and find where they needed to be. Race pack pick up was well organised and straightforward enough. Only downside as always at these things, not enough toilets for the amount of people taking part. Both the 3k fun run and the 10k both started on time, which I was pleased about, I hate waiting around, by this point I just want to get going.

The course was great the first 4k was a loop round a very flat air field, great for starting out strong and all the spectators were lined up so was a great little boost to get us started. 4-5k took us over a very horrible gravel path, a girl in front of me fell and twisted her ankle and had to hobble back to the start, 5-9k took us through fields and through a small village, lots of people were stood outside their houses cheering us on, which was really lovely. And...small claim to fame, John Major & his wife were outside cheering us on (he lives in the village)...an ex prime minister cheered me on in a race..how crazy is that?! 8k took us back over the gravel and the last km was a flat slightly uphill sprint back to the finish line. I really pushed myself in this race, I very very nearly threw up when I crossed the finish line! But overall a great course and a great atmosphere.

2 water stations on route at 4 and 8k.

I PB'ed with a new time of 1:12:27 - My only complaint is the official time was done on gun to chip so we had to take our net time, but either way I did better then last time so I'm not complaining. Mile splits as follows:

Mile 1 - 10:56 (who knew I could run this fast)
Mile 2 - 10:57
Mile 3 - 11:54
Mile 4 - 11:34
Mile 5 - 12:07
Mile 6: 12:08
Mile 0.29 - 11:54
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment