Run | Number 64 | 5k Grand Prix Series | Ferry Meadows


Yesterday I took part in my first 5k race of the Peterborough Grand Prix series (5 races put on by 5 different running clubs across June & July), I missed the first one as I was on holiday. It was Thorney's turn to host and this was put on at Ferry Meadows, I love running here so I was looking forward to it. I wanted to run this at my own pace and not worry about being slow or last, I have done alot in the last week and didn't want to push myself to far.

This lasted until the start line, as soon as I started I decided to go for it and see what I could do. I started off with Sarah and Paula and we stuck together for about 3k, it was here that I decided I needed to slow down a little and told them to push on. The run was pretty uneventful to be honest, nice scenery, great marshals and organisation but a very hot day. I couldn't wait to get to the end just to have some water. There was a woman next to me the whole way and this time I was determinded not to let her pass me. The finish line was my own complaint, it was on uneven grass so was really hard to get a sprint finish on.

I don't know my exact time yet but my phone reads 34 minutes 26 seconds. I hope I managed to get sub 34 but I'm not sure as the timing will be done gun to finish and I started at the back, oh well there is always next time.

All in all a great race & I'm looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment