Run | Number 66


On Saturday morning, I headed out with a group from Bushfield to tackle Haddon again! I managed to convince Val along as she was worried she hadn't taken on a longer distance and with GER looming, we both need as much training as we can get. By mile 2 Mandy looped back to check we were both ok, we had set off quite fast (well fast for us) and Val dropped the pace, Mandy stayed with her and plodded on on my own. As much as I hate running on my own sometimes it was useful as its shown that I can pace myself and I don't always have to stop and walk. I kept looping back to run with them both for a bit.

Just before the dreaded Haddon hill, Sarah had looped back to come and help me up it, what a trooper doing it twice. I made it to the top this time, and oh my I could have easily curled up in a ball on the floor. Val decided to walk up there (I think she had the right idea), the next 2 miles are pretty much all downhill so we all plodded along together having a chat which made them whizz by, Sarah and I took off ahead a little and when we went to cross under the A1, we looped back to help Val. The underpass is a complete optical illustion, as you run up to it, the incline looks so steep but as soon as you start running it, its virtually flat.

I have found that I'm really comfortable running 8 miles, its the last one I struggle with. I still haven't started fueling for my longer runs and I don't eat breakfast before I go, so I'm obviously running out of energy, I must look into this. In the last 400 metres I choked, all I wanted was to stop and I thought I was going to be sick. MUST START EATING BEFORE LONG RUNS!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I find a bagel with peanut butter on before my long runs lasts for a good 15 miles or so! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good shout. I'm going to have to suck it up & get up earlier to eat. :)

      Delete