Triathlon | Number 2

On Wednesday I faced all my fears and went back to give the Triathlon another go. Once again in Oundle, but this time the novice event was mixed in with one of the normal events. As I still didn't have a road bike (I do now :)) I borrowed my Dad's mountain bike in the hope it may be a little faster than mine. This time I felt a lot more relaxed as I knew what to expect.

This time I was smart enough to go into a faster lane to swim, unfortunately as my swim is around the average time it does mean I always seem to make it into the most congested lane. But I knocked a couple of seconds off my time this time, a quick transition and I was out on my bike. This time the bike felt easier, I think due to a different bike, the weather being nicer and just knowing what to expect. I knocked 6 minutes off my bike, and I'm hoping next time, once I'm used to my road bike I will fly round. Rachel from Bushfield decided to run with me to keep me company which I really appreciated, she managed to keep me at a steady pace and in a good mood. I knocked 5 minutes off my run as well so I'm pretty chuffed.

This time I really enjoyed the Triathlon and I can't wait to go back for me.


Most unattractive race photo ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment