Half Marathon | 2 days to go


On Sunday I am about to embark on the biggest challenge of my life, running a half marathon. I have been training for this since the end of January, and it’s finally time to put my money where my mouth is. If I completed this challenge and make it to the finish line on Sunday I can honestly say it will be the proudest moment of my life so far, I used to think this would always be graduating, but this lifestyle change has been harder than even I expected.

It takes a lot of dedication to stick to training for something, especially if when you start you can’t even run 100m, and I’ve even surprised myself with the dedication and motivation I have put into this journey. All the early mornings, all the runs in the freezing cold, all the early bed times (not that I mind), all the nights out I’ve left early, all the races I’ve taken part in, all the blisters, black toenails and ice baths will all be worth it come Sunday.

Thank you legs for putting up with everything I have put you through over the last 9 months but I ask you one more thing. Please get us round on Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Rach :) Turns out we both rock :) yay xx

      Delete
  2. You will be great!
    Hope the weather clears up for you a little...it's pouring down at the moment.
    Good luck and looking forward to hearing how you get on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary.
      Well I managed it, it was hard but so happy I finished. Manage to come in at 2:27 & 2:30 was my target so I'm really chuffed :) x

      Delete