Run | Number 91

Sorry I'm a little behind on posts at the moment. Last Sunday I set about my longest run yet. 11 miles. I set out with Sarah and Louise not really knowing what to expect. We set off at a fairly quick pace for my long runs but it felt comfortable so I decided to see how long I could keep this up for.

We finished 11.55 miles in 2 hours 06 minutes 20 seconds keeping an average pace of 10:55. That's really fast for me and I'm still surprised I managed to keep it up. I felt really strong until around the 9.5 mile mark, but I think this was due to the route we picked. We used our usual 9 mile Haddon route and added our 3 mile chase me route onto the end so I knew exactly how much further I had to go and I think this panicked me a little.  

Mile splits are below, as you can see I managed to keep them fairly consistent. If I can keep this pace for the full half marathon I will come in just under my target of 2 hours 30 minutes, so I really need to stick to this pace. I slacked this weekend and didn't go out for a long run, I just can't manage them week in week out as I can't recover in time. Saturday I am aiming to do anything between 8-11 miles as I'm going away on Sunday for a week. Not the best idea 6 weeks before my first half marathon, but I'm going to use the hotel gym and swim as much as I can to keep my stamina up.

1 - 10:36
2 - 10:46
3 - 10:45
4 - 10:46
5 - 10:44
6 - 11:04 (Hill)
7 - 10:32
8 - 10:36
9 - 11:00
10 - 11:04
11 - 11:02

P.s. my 10k time for this run was 1:04:45 that's 8 minutes slower than my last race, I can't believe how much faster I have gotten recently. 


No comments:

Post a Comment