Run | Number 104 | Chase Me

Over the winter months, every few weeks, Bushfield stage a 5k Chase Me race. For those that don't know this means you are given a handicap time and the slowest set off first whilst the fast people chase. The aim is to not be passed & everyone finishes roughly at the same time. The handicaps for this were based on the last chase me as opposed to a recent 5k time. My last chase me took me 37 minutes. Money was on Rachel or myself to win as we have both improved drastically since this. I did my calculations and worked out she would just beat me. I passed the woman in front of me within 5 minutes and was feeling really good, I had set off far to fast but after months of long slow runs it felt nice to really give it some. I even manged to make it to the marshal point before the marshal :)

I managed to get to 4.5k before Rachel passed me, and I crossed the line less then a minute after her. This was also the fastest 5k I have ever done, crossing the line in 29:39. Woohoo

2 comments:

  1. A MASSIVE improvement! Big well done! :) I love when races are slightly different. This sounded fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are really good fun. Although I'm going to struggle next time as I will have a proper handicap time. But I guess that means I have to work a little harder don't I? x

      Delete